Thursday, December 21, 2006

What If Life Was Perfect

What if life was perfect
And all we'd ever see
Were smiling faces, pretty faces
Surrounding you and me

We would all be happy
All of us unhurt
Free from worry, in no hurry
No reason to be curt

WAKE UP
Stop dreaming and wishing
Wishing does nothing
And you can't pretend everything's great
Don't try to ignore
Don't even think about running away
It'll catch you
That, or something else

Everything's melting
explosion
What happened to easy?

You're afraid to rock my perfect little world -
Guess what
IT'S NOT PERFECT
You're not letting me down
I never thought you were perfect
Never expected it
I'm looking for your faith in me
Trust me - I'll be here

It came in my sleep
explosion
How was I to know?

What if life was perfect
And all we'd ever see
Were smiling faces, pretty faces
Looking straight at me

But this life isn't perfect
And right now all I see
Are hurting faces, pretty faces
Begging - Stay - to me

1 comment:

Brittany Bartholomew said...

I know. Oh, I know. I love you. And I'm sorry.