Saturday, September 15, 2007

In My Dreams

I'm never going to be that person
That everyone's drawn to
I'm the one that sits in the corner and waits for you to ask a question
Then my heart is yours

I'm never going to be that person
That you think of first when you want a leader
I'm not the driving force in a group
I'm the one who follows willingly but wishes to be acknowledged

I want to be the one you think of first
I want to be the one you want to get close to, know more about
But I put myself second, why shouldn't you
I wear my heart on my sleeve, what else is there to know

Who am I, if none of these are me
And why do I pine after qualities I do not own
I want to be me, I want to be here
But I want to be more than that, more than me

But I don't feel real - solid
The possibility of breaking apart and evaporating seems inevitable
What is to be done when I'm in this place
When no one is innocent and all of us are lost

When all I want to do is stay in my dreams because
There it doesn't matter
There it's all different
There I am everyone and no one at the same time

No comments: